This course explores advanced project management challenges arising at the onset of a project’s initiation. Too many projects still fail due to poor initiating, weak strategic alignment, and insufficient engagement of stakeholders. A mix of micro learning activities provide opportunities for self-development and critical thinking while guiding you to thrive and get your projects on track from the get go.
Distribution of PDUs:
As per PMI Talent Triangle™
• Technical: 2 PDUs
• Leadership 4 PDUs
• Strategic and Business: 4 PDUs
• Total PDUs: 10
In this course, students will:
- Evaluate project feasibility and reflect on project assessment by taking into account lessons learned, constraints, and assumptions
- Examine useful methods to develop a project’s high-level scope and ways to collect key deliverables to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Enhance their framework for optimal engagement of stakeholders, self-reflect on cultural differences, and assess conflicts of interest situations.
- Consider strategies to facilitate the development of a project charter and discuss ways to effectively manage stakeholders understanding and agreement.
This course includes 4 challenges
- Challenge #1: Is Your Project Feasible? Is the Business Case Aligned with your Company’s Strategy?
- Challenge #2: What Will Your Project Deliver? Are Key Deliverables Identified?
- Challenge #3: How Will you Ensure Stakeholders Engagement?
- Challenge #4: Have You Facilitated a Mutual Agreement and Understanding of Your Project Charter?
For each challenge, the learning path offers an engaging mix of learning experiences: Illustrated presentations, Knowledge sheets, Best Practice surveys, Situational problem and solution, Mini case reading, notes, and discussion, Situational evaluation quiz.
How To Claim Continuing Education PDUs
To claim and report your earned PDUs, go to PMI’S CCRS at ccrs.pmi.org. Go to “Report PDUs”, select the option “Course or Training” and fill in the form to indicate the course details including the provider and course name, description, and date started/completion. Verify the accuracy of your claim before submitting.
The training certificate is issued by the International Campus For Project Management Education ™ and is a valid proof that you have completed activities pertaining to PMI CCRS category “EDUCATION”.